During autumn season, the immune system of people is weak and viruses are on peak. Due to seasonal changes, people are at a higher risk of falling ill. One such issue is of cold sore, which many people encounter. Following are some of the factors that can lead to cold sore:
- Mensuration cycle
- Weak immune system
- Psychological stress
- High body temperature
- Flu and cold like infections
Cold sore has some of the symptoms, which includes burning, tingling and itching. Cold sore leads to several other symptoms such as nausea, headache, swollen glands and fever.
Transmission of Cold Sore
It is important to be aware of transmission of cold sore and protect yourself from it. Some of the ways of its transmission include kissing, make-up, sharing cutlery and cups. During this time, it’s important to maintain proper hygiene during this period otherwise, the virus can spread to the other body parts such as genitals, eyes etc.
How to Cure Cold Sore?
There are several simple yet effective ways in which sore throat can be cured and those are listed as follows:
- Lemon Balm: This is one of the effective treatments for sore throat. Also, known by the name of Melissa officinalis, lemon balm can help to reduce swelling and redness. Furthermore, it provides protection against any future infection. However, it is important to know that you have to use lemon balm in combination with lip balm.
Combine 1 percent of lemon balm with a good quality lip balm. You can use CBD lip balm that can be applied with lemon balm to cure cold sore. Offering effective and unique CBD products at low prices, Alleur is one of the top skincare company in the market today. Visit their website today to get best hemp-derived CBD products at your doorstep.
- Antiviral Medicines: There are several products, which contain benzyl alcohol or docosanol and are effective in treatment of cold sore.
- Ice: Using ice can reduce inflammation and discomfort of cold sores. You can directly apply a cold pack to sore throat for relief.
- Aloe Vera: This is one of the simplest solutions to cure cold sore. You can easily grow it at home or can procure it from outside at affordable rate. The antiviral and anti-inflammatory effects of aloe-vera can have an impact on curing cold sore to a greater extent.
- Sunscreen: It is one of the effective remedies that protects your lips and also reduces future outbreak. It is suggested to choose sunscreen, which has minimum SPF 30.
- Stress Reduction: It is important to note that stress is one of the contributors to many health issues, core sore also being one. Regular exercise, meditation can help to reduce stress to a greater extent thereby reducing the chances of cold sore.
- Prescription based Treatments
Although cold sores get relieved on its own within few days, there are certain prescription-based treatments, which can help to speed-up the healing. There are several treatments, which you can adhere to for treating cold sore. Such treatments are mentioned as follows:
- valacyclovir (Valtrex)
- acyclovir (Zovirax)
- penciclovir (Denavir)
- famciclovir (Famvir)
Hope these simple tips help you in reducing cold sores.